Fix the “Upload: Failed to Write File to Disk” Error in WordPress
This error typically occurs when WordPress doesn’t have the proper permissions to upload files to the server. To fix this, you can try the following steps:
- Connect to your website using an FTP client and navigate to the wp-content/uploads folder.
- Right-click on the uploads folder and select “File Permissions.”
- Change the permissions to 755.
- If the issue persists, you can try changing the permissions to 777, but it is not recommended as it is a security risk.
- Check with your hosting provider if they have specific file permissions recommendations.
- Ensure that the PHP settings (upload_max_filesize, post_max_size, and memory_limit) are set high enough to handle the file you’re trying to upload.
- Make sure there is enough storage on your server to handle the uploads.
- If none of the above steps works, there is likely an issue with your server. Contact your hosting provider for assistance.